About The Foundation
Josiephine Streater Threatt (JRST) Foundation is a 501(c) (3) non-profit tax-exempt philanthropic organization founded in 2003 with the goal to provide scholarships to students from historically underrepresented populations who are facing financial challenges and who are close to completing their degree.
The JRST Foundation achieves this through support from donors, philanthropists, and corporate sponsors by providing “close the gap” support, which is tax deductible, ranging from as little as $250 to $5,000. These funds have aided in:
- Helping students to pay for tuition, fees, and other educational expenses.
- Providing financial assistance to students who are facing unexpected financial challenges, such as the loss of a job or a medical emergency.
- Supporting students who are working to overcome academic challenges.
- Providing counseling and support services to students who are struggling emotionally or mentally.
- Connecting students with mentors and networking opportunities.
Since its inception, the JRST Foundation has awarded over nearly a quarter of $1 million in scholarships to students from historically underrepresented populations. These scholarships have helped to ensure that students from all backgrounds have the opportunity to pursue their education and achieve their dreams.
The JRST Foundation is a valuable resource for students who are facing financial challenges. By providing close the gap support, the foundation is helping to ensure that all students have the opportunity to succeed.